The Site Creation Plus Web Part provides benefits to both SharePoint users and administrators. It gives administrators the ability to better manage the creation of sites by standardizing URL and user group naming and restricting the site template that users can select. For users, it simplifies the site creation process by reducing the number of choices they must make and by adding new sites to a Links list automatically. This ensures that they complete an important step in the site creation process that is often forgotten.
The Site Administrator configures the Web Part by:
- Selecting a Site Template to be used for the new site. All sites created through an instance of the Web Part create the same type of site.
- Selecting a Links list where information about the new list is added automatically. All sites created through an instance of the Web Part can be represented in a Links list on the same site where the Web Part resides.
- Providing standard user group names for sites that use unique permissions.
Site Administrators should also note that:
- The permission to create sites is still controlled and managed through SharePoint administration.
- The user interface for the Site Creation Plus Web Part supports translations, so the words that appear can be easily modified for your server.
The end user's job is simplified by minimizing the information/choices that must be made during site creation. When creating a new site, the end user:
- Provides a title for the new site.
- Provides a description for the new site.
- Decides whether the new site will inherit permissions of the parent site or use unique permissions.