SharePoint Site Provisioning and Governance Assistant for SharePoint 2013 (SPGA 2013) provides a simple and consistent method (governance) for creating and configuring (provisioning) new SharePoint 2013 sites.
Administrators create Request Profiles with all the appropriate settings “baked” in. Users then select the appropriate Request Profile and fill out a short request form, which sets into motion the provisioning process. Workflows can be used to automate provisioning and approvals. The result is every site, every time, is provisioned just the way you want it – uniformly and automatically.
Users are happy because their site requests are being handled quickly and efficiently; administrators are happy because order is maintained, chaos eliminated and their workload reduced. If you have a lot of sites to provision and want to save time and money, SPGA 2013 will help.
SPGA gives you total control over SharePoint 2013 site provisioning, allowing you to:
- Maintain the integrity of your organization’s SharePoint 2013 taxonomy
- Enforce governance policies
- “Bake” exactly what you want into your SharePoint 2013 site request profile
- Keep your organization’s look and feel consistent throughout
- Prevent random deviations from company site standards
- Provide users with an easy way to request SharePoint sites or groups of site
- Specify different site request profiles for different sites or groups of site
- Automate your organization's approval process for requesting new SharePoint site
- Monitor and track site request.