Approval Workflow is a workflow that complements the missing functionality in SharePoint Foundation 2010 or WSS 3.0 for content approval. It has similar functionality as the approval workflow in SharePoint Server 2010 or MOSS 2007, but the workflow does not require Forms Services and can be used with SharePoint Foundation 2010 or WSS 3.0.
Approval Workflow facilitates document collaboration and manages project tasks by implementing specific business processes for documents and list items on the web of SharePoint application. Workflows assures that organization uses consistent business processes and improves efficiency and productivity. This workflow directs document or list item to the group of individuals for approval.
- Parallel or serial task approval - In case of two or more workflow participants it is possible to select if participants approve documents in serial or parallel.
- Automatic "Expand user group" option - If a user group is added to the list of workflow participants then it is possible to create a task for each user group member instead of a task for whole group.
- Automatic approval defined by minimal count of approvals - For example, if a list has 10 participants, it is possible to set up for a document or a list item to be approved by two participants.
- Task due date - Task due date is assigned on task creation. It is defined by absolute date value for parallel process. For serial workflow it is specified by number of days to accept or reject the document or list item.
- Notification to other users - It is possible to define users that receive an e-mail notification in case of new approval. These users do not influence workflow process.
- Custom edit task form - Custom edit task form is displayed as well-arranged form for insert of approval or decline comment instead of display basic task edit form. There are additional important information in the edit form such as history of approval workflow.
- Can be custom modified by the vendor