IT-Dev SharePoint DSL ToolKit for Visual Studio provides a custom Visual Studio project template. The structure of such template refers to the structure of SharePoint solution. This template can be used to design and generate SharePoint portal.
By using previously defined dedicated DSL language, one can create diagrams that represent portal structure. These diagrams can contain items that refer to particular elements of SharePoint architecture.
Among this items one can find:
- Site templates;
- List templates and instances;
- Content types;
- Fields, including Lookup fields.
Additional features that make usage of IT-Dev SharePoint DSL ToolKit for Visual Studio even more convenient are:
- Possibility to copy-paste data from Excel to diagram that is being created;
- Clarity of diagram that can be improved by hiding/showing connections between elements;
- Predefined external commands that can generate, build, install solution on a server and create SharePoint site with only one action.