Quick Apps for SharePoint (formerly Web Parts for SharePoint) enables you to build applications that can be easily supported, maintained and upgraded to ensure their long-term impact and return on investment. Because Quick Apps automates simple or mundane tasks, you can free up SharePoint development resources and satisfy business requirements without costly custom coding.
Benefits for the IT Professional
- Fast customization—Customize SharePoint solutions up to 80 percent faster using point-and-click configuration instead of custom code. This configuration approach enables you to accelerate time-to-delivery, meet SLAs and keep users (and your boss) happy.
- ezEdit configuration – Satisfy the most complex business requirements, from interface enhancements to complete solutions, without the need for custom development experience or training.
- My First App—Use the My First App template, an intuitive, step-by-step wizard enabling you to rapidly configure compelling SharePoint list views and charts in a few simple mouse clicks.
- Short learning curve—Get started quickly building better SharePoint solutions with easy-to-use web parts that include built-in video training and tutorials. You can leverage the collaborative Quick Apps community at www.SharePointforAll.com to discover tips and tricks and best practices from SharePoint peers and Dell experts.
Benefits for the Developer:
- Rapid delivery – Accelerate SharePoint application development cycles using ready-made templates to deliver project management, CRM and help desk applications that are easily supported, maintained and extended
- Code-free apps – Build applications that you can easily support and maintain – up to 80 percent faster and with no custom coding
- Better build – Extend applications beyond native capabilities and exceed user expectations with the use of tabular forms to save screen space, parent-child relationships to ensure reliable data entry, and hide/show-when logic to govern what data users can see
- Simplified upgrades – Deliver sophisticated applications that are easily upgraded when new versions of SharePoint are released
- Easy integration – Bring data together from all of your enterprise application systems, such as SQL Server, SAP, Oracle, Lotus Domino and K2, without the hassle of manually copying the data into SharePoint
Benefits for the IT Manager:
- Cost containment – Rein in budgets by accelerating SharePoint development cycles in order to save time, money and resources on costly enhancements, and maximize your SharePoint investment
- High user satisfaction – Enhance your users’ experience with compelling charts and dashboards, and provide sophisticated forms without costly InfoPath development
- Empowered citizen developers – Empower end users to make their own customizations confidently without posing risk to the environment, freeing expensive development resources to focus on more value-added projects
Benefits for the Site Owner:
- Code-free customization – Make your own customizations so you get exactly what you need from SharePoint, when you need it, without depending on IT to build custom code
- Build-it-your-way – Customize your SharePoint experience to precisely fit your needs – whether that means an enhanced UI, compelling charts and dashboards, rich forms or improved navigation