KWizCom SharePoint Wiki Plus is a complete Wiki solution for SharePoint. Its unique additional features make it the ideal tool for true cross-organization knowledge sharing.
Wiki Plus was built on-top of SharePoint infrastructure, enabling you to utilize the standard SharePoint features, enhanced by comprehensive Wiki capabilities. The advanced Wiki features and the natural integration with SharePoint platform provide an efficient, cost effective tool for real collaboration and knowledge sharing across your enterprise.
- SharePoint edition
- Supports standard Wiki markup language
- Improved WYSWYG editor
- Table of contents (automatically generated)
- "Save and keep editing" option
- Easy management of file attachments and images
- Wiki content templates
- Taxonomy management - Hierarchical categories and Web 2.0-style tagging and tag cloud/index
- Advanced reporting
- Content lifecycle management (page expiration alerts)
- Wiki page-level discussions
- Wiki page rating (5 stars)
- Supports cross-site deployment of several connected wiki sites
- Implemented as a standard SharePoint add-on and therefore supports ALL standard SharePoint features
- Cross-browser support: IE and Mozilla Firefox
- Can be fully customized as a standard SharePoint add-on
- Multilingual (standard for all KWizCom components)
Support for standard Wiki markup language
Wiki Plus supports standard wiki markup language. While the out-of-the-box SharePoint wiki library only supports the "[[page]]" markup, which enables the creation of new wiki pages while editing an existing page, Wiki Plus supports almost the entire wiki markup standard.
Improved content editing capabilities
Wiki Plus provides an enhanced Wiki and HTML WYSWYG. The Wiki Plus editor facilitates the production of high quality web pages.
- Wiki content templates
now you can create various wiki page templates for different content requirements - simple as creating a WORD template!
- Easy management of file attachments
Want your wiki page to include file attachments? No problem! Use the Document manager to upload and link to any documents in a single operation. Embedding of object such as tables, pictures, symbols, time and date - powerful and flexible
- Insertion of web links either freely or from pre-prepared lists
Complete Tagging Solution
Wiki Plus includes a SharePoint Tagging Feature that provides you with a complete tagging solution for the wiki pages. Some of the capabilities are:
- Tag field type
- Tag Cloud
- Tags Index
Support for RSS feeds / Email alerts subscriptions
Users may subscribe to an RSS feed/email alert about added and changed pages. Any page addition or update will generate an RSS feed/email alert.
Users can create a discussion thread that is automatically connected to a wiki page, by simply clicking the "Discussions" button:
Content lifecycle management
This WikiPlus feature enables the content owner to define the desired expiration date for each Wiki page. When the page is about to expire, the page owner will receive an email alert informing him that the page is about to be expired. The owner will then have the option to confirm expiration or set a new expiration date.
Wiki Plus provides a set of usage reports, based on actual wiki pages creation and updates. Authorized Users (those who belong to the "Knowledge Trustees" group) can access the wiki plus reports through the "Wiki Pages" Actions menu. Administrators can access the Wiki Plus reports through the "Site Actions > Site Settings" menu.