The People Directory web part displays user profile information for your entire organisation in a traditional telephone list format. Use partial word search and filter options to quickly find the person you are looking for and presence features to contact them. It imports people information from SharePoint's user profiles which in turn is populated by Active Directory or another line-of-business application.
The People Directory web part uses online presence information allowing you to see when staff members are online and/or available, plus calendar and location information if Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or later is being used.
- Decide which properties will be displayed in the directory
- Decide the order in which properties will be displayed
- Include or exclude photos from the directory
- Display people in a list or as business cards
- Create views to customize the look and feel of results
- Click a letter to find people by first name or last name
- Filter results by Job Title, Department and Office
- Filter by individual properties in a list view
- Deploy the solution quickly using the People Directory site template
- Display more results per page in list view
- Browse through large quantities of people using configurable pagination options
- Automatically picks up the SharePoint site styles or theme
- Install the product quickly using the solution setup wizard