Auto Tagger for Microsoft SharePoint automatically categorizes SharePoint items and documents in background using taxonomy-based managed metadata or terms organized in the term store. Tag rules, item and document properties and metadata, information store context and textual document contents are considered while auto-tagging. By default SharePoint 2010 / 2013 offers a manual tagging feature only. Auto Tagger for SharePoint is available as part of the Knowledge Management Suite for SharePoint and separately.
Features and benefits:
- Increased productivity and precision while tagging SharePoint items and documents automatically based on given taxonomies / managed metadata.
- Auto Tagger could be helpful for initial tagging, e.g. after content migration from any system to SharePoint 2010, as well as for daily background operation.
- Taxonomy entry point (root node) is automatically chosen with respect to the current meta data column settings.
- List items are processed as well as documents and files located in SharePoint libraries.
- Properties (meta data column content) of list items and documents are considered for tagging.
- The context of items and documents, e.g. site, list, library, folder is considered for tagging.
- The document or file textual contents are considered, if IFilters are available.
- Use of categorization rules is supported (e.g. one term is in document content while another term is not). High performance Microsoft .NET Framework bases rule engine.
- Installed IFilters are used for content analysis, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF and many more).
- Fully integrated in default SharePoint tagging. Manually assigned tags remain untouched.
- Flexible background operation settings
- 100% SharePoint 2010 / 2013 technology: Completely based on SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Metadata Management API.
- Seemless integration with other SharePoint Knowledge Management Suite components.
The SharePoint Tag Suggester is available as component of the Knowledge Management Suite for SharePoint. The solution comes with a robust installer to allow it to be easily deployed within any SharePoint environment. It is available for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 / 2013 (any editions).