conceptClassifier for SharePoint delivers automatic identification and extraction of concepts from within content as it is created or ingested, provides intelligent automated classification and enables enterprise class taxonomy management running natively within the SharePoint environment. It provides automatic conceptual metadata tagging and is fully integrated with SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010, Windows Server 2008 R2 FCI, Microsoft Office, SharePoint Search and FAST.
Working without the need to build another search index the automatically generated conceptual metadata can be fed directly into SharePoint Properties where Microsoft Search or FAST Search can utilize the conceptual metadata for enhanced searching such as faceted search, filtering and navigation. With full support for Content Types and multiple taxonomies, the flexibility of the technologies enables the ability to manage organizational metadata, solve Enterprise Content Management challenges, improve records management, automatically enforce governance at the desktop, identify unknown privacy exposures, and simplify SharePoint migrations.
- Automatically generates conceptual metadata as new content is created or ingested
- Provides the rich metadata to both the Microsoft and FAST search index to improve findability, fully integrated with the FAST pipeline stage enabling real-time classification of content
- Eliminates the need for manual tagging through automatic conceptual metadata generation in Microsoft Office applications
- Provides the ability to create site columns per your taxonomies, apply taxonomies to Content Types and insert conceptual metadata into the document library together with the document
- Automatic assignment of Records Retention codes and optional updating of Content Type based on the metadata (meaning) contained within the documents
- Identifies location of sensitive information (PII, PHI, confidential information) within a document and migrates it to a secure location where Rights Management Services is applied to the file in the new location
- Provides full support for protocol handlers allowing external content (file shares, Exchange Public Folders, and web sites) to be classified when using the Microsoft and FAST search engine
- Automatically organizes content assets prior to migration by auto-classifying files based on metadata contained within document