SharePoint Column Protector is a tool that widens standard SharePoint permission management capabilities. By default MOSS2007 / WSS 3.0 allows you to manage permissions per list element. Datapolis’ SharePoint Column Protector goes one level down and allows you to protect your data on per column basis. Permissions for columns are defined per content type for any SharePoint list. Permissions are effective for both forms and list views.
With SharePoint Column Protector you can choose which parameters of a list item are displayed for chosen users and which data can be edited by them.
- Hiding columns on SharePoint’s lists
- Blocking data in columns for selected users
- Security of data from given users without the necessity of blocking their permissions on full element on a list or document library
- Blocking the edition of some data after adding it on a SharePoint list
- Product easily managed, without the need of IT support
- Safety- diagnostics mechanism included
- Full integration with SharePoint platform
- Management from www site level
Vendor response (February 15, 2001):
We've fixed the bugs connected with the list views accessibility. Now only the protected columns are hidden. All others columns are viewable. Moreover permissions are effective not only for item forms and list views/datasheet views, but also for the SharePoint alerts, attachments, Excel- and Access-exported data, and even for SharePoint Web Service. Please download and install the new version of Column Protector from our site. There are avaliable two versions of product 2007 and 2010 depending on SharePoint platform you are working on. More information about the product you can read in user guide. If you have any other questions or problems connected with our products, please contact us via email.