Colligo Contributor™ File Manager is an easy-to-deploy Microsoft® Windows® Explorer extension that increases SharePoint adoption by seamlessly linking folders on a users file system with SharePoint document libraries. Local folders become “SharePoint aware” – online or offline – so users can access advanced features such as metadata, content types, and document templates, while adding and editing files using familiar desktop operations. In addition to the Windows Explorer interface, SharePoint folders can be accessed from any application that uses the standard Windows File Open/Save dialog.
SharePoint & Windows Explorer Integration
Colligo Contributor File Manager provides an intelligent link between SharePoint and the Windows Explorer interface.
- Create, view and edit SharePoint content
- Open/save to SharePoint from desktop applications
- Drag-and-drop files and folders
- Add or edit custom metadata
- Support for Office 2007 metadata properties
- Auto extraction of email metadata
- Work online or offline with caching
Windows Explorer Interface
Enables users to easily open, save, organize and classify SharePoint files in Windows Explorer. Simple right-click access to SharePoint commands.
- Navigate to cached SharePoint sites and libraries
- View metadata and use to sort SharePoint files through standard Windows Explorer “Details” view
- Document check-in/check-out and elegant conflict resolution
Direct Access To and From SharePoint
With Contributor File Manager, any application that uses the standard Windows File Open/Save dialog can easily access locally cached SharePoint sites.
Open and save content to SharePoint as easily as a local file system
Create new content and automatically sychronize the files and their associated metadata to SharePoint.
Document & Form Libraries
Documents are added to SharePoint libraries and folders with a simple drag-and-drop action, at which time users can immediately apply custom metadata for classification. New documents can also be created on the desktop using the same forms and content types available on the server.
- Existing documents can be easily opened, edited, and saved.
- Update documents offline, sync changes online
- Drag-and-drop documents from the desktop
- Create documents from content types & forms
Metadata & Views
Metadata for documents and list items can be edited or added to one or multiple items at a time, with a simple right-click action. Default folder-level metadata can be set for automatic application. Multi-value lookups are also supported. Metadata is available in Windows Explorer to create local views.
- Right-click to quickly update metadata
- Edit common metadata across multiple files
- Use Windows Explorer views to sort data
- Set default folder-level metadata
Custom & Standard Lists
Colligo Contributor File Manager provides access to custom lists and many standard lists including events, issues, links, contacts, announcements, tasks, and agendas. SharePoint list items are added and edited with just a few clicks.
- Set content types for list items
- Access and update custom lists
- Add items to standard lists
- Right-click to edit item properties