The Tag Navigation Web Part for Microsoft SharePoint Server renders Managed Metadata, Taxonomies and Enterprise Keywords right from the Term Store as additional hierarchical, tree-style navigations using flexible templates. The tags are linked to the SharePoint Tag Profiles, Hashtag Pages or, alternatively, directly to the classified content. The Web part offers an additional content navigation to browse the corporate knowledge hierarchically - independent of the content store's structure. The Web Part is available as part of the Knowledge Management Suite for SharePoint or separately. Please note, that a flat alphabetical Tag Directory Web Part also is available for SharePoint metadata navigation.
Features and Benefits:
- More efficient information access on SharePoint portals: The tag navigation offers an additional, systematic and multi-dimensional way of navigation, that makes it very easy and fast to find information for users, that don't know, where the information is originally located. Simply browse the content by organizational tree, by product groups, by services, by customers or locations.
- Company-wide taxonomies help to build a common language: The web part also could be used as some kind of hierarchical glossary, very helpful for employees to find a common language and understanding in the enterprise.
- Well-known navigation - no training required: Tree-style directories are very common and well-known. Users can work with this technique intuitively.
- No additional effort - Index is built automatically: The index is rendered automatically as a result of tagging content using managed metadata. Starting nodes could be given from existing taxonomies. Tagging could be completely automatically with the Auto Tagger component.
- Flexible design and linking: The web part comes with template-based output (XSLT). Additional information, such as title, ID, description, number of tagged items can be displayed. The tag can be linked to the tag profile as well as to the tagged content items and documents itself.
- 100% SharePoint 2010 / 2013 Technology: The solution is completely based on the new Enterprise Metadata Management API of SharePoint 2010.
The Tag Navigation Web Part seamlessly works with other components of the Knowledge Management Suite for SharePoint.