Metalogix Content Matrix for SharePoint (Previously Migration Manager)
With Content Matrix by Metalogix you can identify what content you currently have, build out a new site structure and move your content when, where and how you want. Content Matrix is the evolution of Metalogix Migration Manager – the most experienced and widely used SharePoint upgrade technology since 2001. Content Matrix also allows SharePoint users to organize and manage their sites and content directly from within the SharePoint user interface. Users with appropriate permissions and rights can easily move, bulk upload, tag and classify their content within your SharePoint farm.
- Direct Upgrade To SharePoint 2013: Take advantage of new SharePoint 2013 functionality by directly upgrading from any previous version of SharePoint. Microsoft SharePoint 2013 upgrade tools have basic support for upgrading SharePoint 2010 and do not support upgrading from SharePoint 2003 and 2007. Content Matrix removes this limitation and provides comprehensive support for upgrading to SharePoint 2013 – from SharePoint 2003, 2007 or 2010.
- Move to the Cloud: Office 365 and Office 365 Dedicated: Ready to move to SharePoint in the Cloud? Content Matrix is the easiest and most reliable way to move some or all of your content to Office 365 or Office 365 Dedicated. In fact, it has been selected by Microsoft as one of the recommended SharePoint migration solutions for migrating to Office 356 Dedicated. Simply connect Content Matrix to your Office 365 environment and move content in either direction between on-premises or the cloud.
- Keep SharePoint Organized: Projects change, departments are reorganized and business needs evolve. Your initial organized site structure and information architecture can unravel and cause user confusion and errors. Keep SharePoint site structures in sync with business needs by using the powerful content organization capabilities of Content Matrix. Easily split or merge sites and site collections or reorganize the structure of your farm.
- Migrate File Shares and more: Rapidly consolidate all business content into SharePoint without losing context and metadata. Content Matrix connects and moves terabytes of content from file shares, websites, blogs & wikis, Exchange Public Folders, PST files and eRoom content. Content Matrix moves the content, files, associated metadata and other relevant attributes such as permissions or information structure into SharePoint.
- Analyze your existing content: Identify what content you already have in the source system and how it should be moved to the target system. Content Matrix pre-migration features include the ability to search your content based on a variety of parameters, to compare different SharePoint sites and the ability to generate reports on the number of files, the file types or metadata.
- Download, install and move in minutes: Connects directly to SharePoint and source systems without requiring any server side component installs.
User reviewsView all user reviews
Average user rating from: 13 user(s)
Excellent Migration Tool!
We used Migration Manager to migrate our CAD File Management System from SP2003 to SP2010 with some hierarchical reorganization along the way. This was the only tool available that performed incremental migrations with data moves/deletes on the destination server to match the changes that occurred on the source server. NO OTHER TOOL DOES THIS...
I have used and recommended this software since last 3-4 years. It is very user friendly. It has most features of a migration tool.
The best around
Just completed an upgrade to SP 2010. Couldn't have worked better. I was really impressed with the Support staff.
We used Metalogix to miigrate from a legacy 2003 Portal to a new MOSS system. Worked like a charm and saved enormous amount of manual time and effort. Once the migration was finished, we used the Migration Manager to keep Dev, Test and Prod in sync. Site content could be built and developed, then moved to Test and then to Prod so easily.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED as it is a simple and effective product.
- Moved content between 2007 servers and 2010 servers with complete accuracy and integrity
- Allowed modification of content during copying if needed
Easy to use and great support. Worked right out of the box
Our need was simple - Migrate our very basic site with limited content from an expired BETA of Sharepoint 2010 to a full Sharepoint Enterprise 2010 installation.
The application functioned flawlessly, allowing us to move all of our content with a few simple selections, and essentially, a cut and paste.
Their support was patient, while I was hurried, and helped walk me through the procedures as I was not terribly knowledgable with the database design of Sharepoint.
All in all, a great experience, and a product I WILL be recommending to my customers in need of a Sharepoint Migration.
Fast to implement the changes required
MOSTLY intuitive on it's functions
Support staff for the product was fast to respond
Simple to migrate existing content
I have used this tool on several client projects; this tool can reduce website migration costs by up to 90%. This product simplifies the process of moving content for the content owner, easy to use and retains valuable data
Excellent tool for migrations and SharePoint site
The most useful tool for migrations because it allows you to continue to get value out of the product AFTER the migration is complete!
Administrators will also love that they can work from their desk rather than on the server. Once the server components are installed, the administrator simply launches the Migration Manager and gets down to work.
Worth every penny!
SSMM is every SharePoint administrators dream tool. Easy to install, easy to license, easy to configure, and easy to use.
I've used many SharePoint tools over the years, and built my own as well, but hands-down, this is the best tool for SharePoint administration.
I researched many "migrtion" products prior to my purchase of SSMM. Hands down, it the best product out there.
One key factor to my selection was the method of migration. Other products hit the content data base for the migration, this would void your MS support. SSMM uses the SharePoint API and does and awesome job of it.
Easy to use
API Level Migration