Migration Suite for SharePoint by Dell
Migration Suite for SharePoint is the complete solution for simplifying SharePoint migrations whether to SharePoint on-premises or SharePoint Online. It virtually eliminates the risks of downtime and data loss. With a single, agentless tool requiring just one install, you can seamlessly move your entire SharePoint environment, as well as Exchange Public Folders, and Windows files, to SharePoint, SharePoint Online, or a hybrid of the two.
- Migrate Content How You Want, When You Want with an Intuitive Interface – Execute streamlined, bulk migrations or phased, granular migrations according to your unique needs. Simply drag and drop what you want to move when you want to move it, or schedule actions to occur automatically during non-work hours.
- Consolidate Data to Improve Productivity – Consolidate data from all of your scattered sources to a single location with minimal downtime and zero data loss.
- Finish Migrations Sooner with Fewer Resources – Migrate multiple SharePoint site lists and libraries simultaneously using a multi-threaded migration engine to reduce project costs and timelines.
- Assign Metadata to Improve Intelligence – Preserve metadata or add it to content as it is migrated to make content easy to find.
- Simplify Your Project Management – Schedule steps in your migration and get real-time progress reports to ensure on-time completion.
Average user rating from: 1 user(s)
This software is rubbish
Do not bother to waste the $50,000 or more required to do a significant migration with this software.
In my personal view it has been written by in-experienced and incompetent people that have absolutely no idea about how to build a robust product.
Migration jobs can take days to run and the user of this software will have no idea where the software is upto.
The software does not save any time and I can actually migrate a site by manually building the lists and libraries faster than this software.
The sofware is buggy and has stupid numbers of memory leaks that consume gigabytes of memory even when doing nothing.
The interface to set up migration jobs can only be relied upon to destroy the definitions.
The scripting capability is non-existant and only permits one job to run at a time unless you are prepaired to allow concurent jobs to completely corrupt the contents of each job.
The project mode is the single most supidly designed feature in existance.
The support team has no idea how the product works.
The support team blames microsoft office 365 for the inadequacies of the "migration suite"
The software seems to run every step of migration even though you only want partial migrations.