Copy Local Files to SharePoint is a simple tool for migrating file system and file shares to SharePoint. With a simple drag and drop, it is possible to migrate a complete folder hierarchy to SharePoint while applying content types and metadata at the same time.
Typical scenarios are:
- Migrate from Shared Drives to SharePoint
- Flatten existing Folder hierarchies while migrating to SharePoint
- Migrate Desktop files and My Documents to SharePoint
- Migrate Local Files while preserving existing permissions and properties to SharePoint
- Drag & drop: Migrate files and folders with the drag and drop functionality. Dead simple!
- Migrate File Shares to SharePoint: Bulk upload files and folders to SharePoint while applying content types and metadata at the same time. Migrating complete folder hierarchy is fully supported.
- Enrich Metadata with Excel: Run your content migration through an Excel file for quick metadata enrichment.
- Office 365: Fully compatible with Office 365. All authentication protocols are supported.
- Preserve created and modified information: Preserve the created and modified information on files and folders (Created, Created by, Modified, Modified by).
- Replace illegal characters in file names: Replace illegal characters that are not supported in SharePoint. In the options, it is possible to configure the replacement characters.
- Preserve permissions: Custom Windows permissions on files and folders can be preserved in SharePoint. Local permission levels (read, write, etc.) can be mapped with SharePoint permission levels.
- Flatten folder hierarchy: Eliminate the folder hierarchy while migrating files and folders to SharePoint.
- Preserve Office properties: Preserve the Office document properties. The properties stored inside the Office documents can be used to fill the metadata in SharePoint.
- Preserve the PDF properties. The properties stored inside the PDF files can be used to fill the metadata in SharePoint.
- and more!