Its main advantages are:
- No need for server backend deployment
- No GAC deployment
- Easy setup and configuration
- Ajax Based – no postback or nasty page reloads
- Uses Entirely SharePoint’s services and DOM
- Works in MOSS 2007 / WSS 3.0 and in MOS 2010 / WSF
- Create multiple cascaded relations in the same form
What is a cascaded dropdown? A Cascaded dropdown is a combination of two dropdown lists. By selecting a value in the first one the options in the second get filtered according to its “parent” selection.
- Continents –> Countries –> Cities,
- Companies –> Contacts,
- Accounts –> Branches –> Contacts,
- Schools –> Classes –> Students
Developed by Boris Gomiunik.