Cross-Site Lookup Column is intended to enhance standard SharePointlookup functionality. Component allows getting information from anysite within site collection, applying list view filtering to retrieveddata. Component delivers a powerful function of searching over lookuplist. This function provides substring matching in selected column. Itis very useful for large lists with over 100 items.
Supported converting of standard "Lookup" column to "ArtfulBits Cross-Site Lookup" column and vice versa (it allows editing content of Cross-Site Lookup columns in Datasheet view).
- Supported lookup data from SharePoint lists in all sites within site collection
- Powerful function of searching over lookup list. Using a Picker Dialog for searching items in lookup lists.
- Filtering retrieved data using exising list views
- Single and multiple lookup for standard mode and using Picker Dialog
- Conversion among "Artfulbits Cross-Site Lookup" column and standard SharePoint "Lookup" column
Default SharePoint Lookup supports only lookup within the same site, so if you need to lookup data from another site, you cannot use it. ArtfulBits Cross-Site Lookup allows users to refer to a list from any site in site collection.
If you want to allow the user to select only some specific items (filtered by desired criteria), you can use filter enabling "Use filtering by list view" option in column settings.
If list contains large amounts of data, it is not very efficient to search for some data using standard SharePoint lookup. ArtfulBits Cross-Site Lookup with Picker Dialog helps to resolve this issue. You can search/filter data in picker dialog, which helps to find the required item quick.