SharePoint Cascaded Lookup allows users to lookup FILTERED information from other lists of different sites.
SharePoint default lookup allows us ers to lookup other list. If column A lookup column B, we call column B as Looked-up Column. When users edit/create an item, all the values of Looked-up column will display as choices in dropdown list of lookup column.
SharePoint Cascaded Lookup introduces Filter Column and Parent Column to filter field values so as to narrow the range of choices. With it, you can lookup field values more quickly and accurately.
Filter Column is in the same list with the looked-up column. As the name goes, if you set a column as Filter column for the looked-up column, when you edit/create an item, the choices of the cascaded lookup column will be filtered according to the value of the Filter Column.
Parent Column, which is also used to filter looked-up values, is in the same list with the Cascaded Lookup column. When you set a column as Parent Column of a cascaded lookup column, in the edit/new form of an item, the choices of Cascaded lookup column in dropdown list will be different according to the value of Parent Column.
- Support Cross-Site Lookup other lists;
- Easily filter field values by other fields in the same list;
- Two-way convert to SharePoint default lookup type or SharePoint Cross-Site Lookup type；
- Users can add new items in the source lookup list by clicking the “Create new item…” link；
- Show additional fields from the source lookup list, and the column order can be customized；
- Manage Column Data in Microsoft Office Applications。