The SharePoint Cascading Lookup Plus Field type is a new lookup field type that brings added capabilities that implementers found lacking in out of the box SharePoint Lookup fields: Cascading fields ("master-details"); Cross-site lookups; Filtered lookups; Dual (two-way) lookup
With SharePoint Cascading Lookup Plus Field you can:
- Create cascading fields
- Easily filter field values by other fields in the same List. Example: Want to display "Region", "Country" and "City" fields, where each one filters the next field?
- Create a two-way connection between lists
By using this feature you finally can implement a true relational model in SharePoint (yes – just like in "normal" database applications!).
- The SharePoint Cascading Lookup Plus field enables you to create "dual lookup" field. In other words, when you create a lookup from one list to another, a reverse lookup is automatically created. For example: when you create a lookup field in the “Orders” list that connects each order to a customer in the “Customers” list (see below), a reverse lookup will automatically be created in the customers list.
Key Features & Benefits
- Feature KWizCom Lookup Plus field WSS/MOSS Lookup field
- Compatible with MOSS 2007 / WSS 3.0
- Supports Cascading fields ("City" filtered by "Country")
- Supports multiple master fields ( field that is filtered by the combination of several master fields - for use with many to many connection lists)
- Automatically creates a bi-directional connection between items
- Enables the filtering of the displayed items in the lookup field according to a view defined in the target list
- Cross site lookup - enables the creation of lookup field for lists that are located on different sites.
- Creates a “CRM-like” interface-on every item’s “View Properties” page, you can display all the connected items in a grid display.
- Enables the conversion of lookup fields to KWizCom Cascading Lookup Plus fields
- Enables paging, filtering and sorting
- Enables changing a field from single to multiple value
- Enables creating new item using the "create new item" link
- Enables calculated column reference for this type of column
- Compliant with the accessibility standard (WCAG)
- Cross-Browser support (IE, Firefox and Google Chrome support)
- Multi-lingual (standard for all KWizCom components)