PDF Share Forms Featured
Integrate PDF forms with your SharePoint collaboration: use free Adobe Acrobat to fill your publicly accessible forms online or offline on any device; submit data online from PDF forms directly to SharePoint; retrieve real-time data from SharePoint and other systems right to your form.
PDF forms for SharePoint 2010 and 2013 adds a drag-and-drop PDF form designer, dynamic layouts, and industry standard PDF/XFA format to the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and 2013 platforms. Business users and IT Professionals alike will be empowered to quickly and easily automate new and existing PDF forms; from a simple HR request, to complex service applications with external data sources. PDF forms run in Adobe Acrobat applications (including free Adobe Reader) without the constraints of a browser. Platform supports both on-premise SharePoint and SharePoint online, unleashes the creativity of designers and developers by providing a consistent and flexible form development environment for the delivery of dynamic forms in SharePoint environment. With PDF SharePoint you can develop your own applications using our platform for PDF integration, mapping, scripting, rules and digital signatures. PDF SharePoint offers an exciting new way to engage users with familiar forms technology and much smaller investment to transition.
Major features and benefits:
- Reuse existing PDF, Word, Excel documents as PDF fillable forms
- Uses free Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Deep integration with SharePoint controls
- Digital signatures
- Integrations with SAP, Dynamics, BCS
- Workflow support
- Intuitive, easy to use, browser-based drag-n-drop forms designer
Average user rating from: 9 user(s)
Last updated: June 10, 2015
It's ok for what it does, but they need to amp up their development/testing team to resolve the many bugs that I have caught.
- Bugs are all over. For example, in one form, I set a field to read only. When you open the form in the sharepoint browser, it's enabled. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's pretty much a crap shoot. When setting some fields in the form the first time, and coming back and reopening the form and clearing out the fields, it throws xml serialization errors. I had many sessions with their support team before they confirmed these were bugs. It's as if they have no testers and their clients are their only testers.
-When making a revision to the form and publishing it to a document library, it makes previous versions of the forms unusable. There's a powershell way to make it work, but this can only be done with the farm administrator. So, site collection admins are stuck with a bunch of forms that can not be used. It would be nice to have a way on the ui to make all of the existing forms in the library get the changes.
- A simple change like setting the document title when the form is created in a library requires C# script to be used. This requires a user to be granted that access on central admin through their feature. It seems like a trivial thing to have to use a script to set
Interesting but buggy solution
Hope they will make it more stable and less buggy.
Just discovered a software diamond
I'm full of positive emotions. Now I know how to eliminate these horrible paper forms easily. With PDF Share Forms I'll just scan and go. Looks like this year my vacation will be twice longer.Yahoo!
Congatulations on award!
Guys, thank you so much for your product! I met you on European SharePoint conference and got a demo version from you. We finished it evaluation and software fully fits into the business process. Now our HR and supplies depts will be really happy, while IT dept will have much more time to work with real problems, not with web forms.
- easy to create new PDF forms
- no need to buy additional form software, licenses such as InfoPath, Nintex Forms, etc
- is able to update forms
- saves previous form generations and revisions (!)
Easy, fast, and clear solution
PDF Share Forms has very simple concept. When installed, you may work with PDF forms in both directions. We use it for collecting data from external users — mostly contests. Within the SP Workflow we generate different form, based on incoming data.
2. No need to install Acrobat Pro
3. Install and forget concept
4. Very personal attitude — support team made me three demo-sessions, created couple of templates, answers on every issue within a day, even on Sundays!
Using a pre-existing Dynamic PDF will only cause extreme loss of your productivity. When attempting to edit in PDF Form Editor the entire form is crushed together. It makes it nearly impossible to add buttons when creating a template. If you used FormCalc for scripting your templates might not work.
Twice now, I have had to wait 5-6 days for a response from tech support, my last response was received via email at 7:45am on Sunday??
The instruction book is very poor reading, missing valuable words and gives very limited instruction on how to utilize PDF's through Sharepoint and gives more instruction on how to use their Editor to build a template.
Turn key solution-No
Time consuming- Yes
Great paper killer and time saver
We started using PDF Share Forms OnDemand for our client at local university late this season. During the first day after the publication of PDF form on university web-site admission commission got a lot of free time — application data is sent directly to e-mail for reminder/control and to SharePoint. We spent some time to create correct workflow in SharePoint itself, but now client is very happy, because PDF Share Forms reduced even commission working time.
Now they do not need to copy/paste data from Word forms, may correct mistakes in applications easily, etc. What's most important for academic structure new electronic PDF based forms looks exactly as traditional paper forms. So, when printed both forms could be recognized as correct or incorrect in a seconds. Great service.
Great solution when you need forms for compliance
In our organization we use some standard forms for HR process which we normally send to people by email so they could print them, fill-in, scan and send us back. Not the most elegant way of putting things together. With PDF Share Forms solution however, it went to a new level, and now all those forms are filled in and submitted electronically. The beauty of the tool also comes when we need to handle the responses - they are so easy to filter and manipulate as we have all the data we need in the document library already with workflow status info etc. Thumbs up, - great solution, outstanding value. And amazing service, guys really try to be helpful and do provide help with all of our implementation for now extra.
Field mapping for the big forms could have been automated a bit better.