SharePoint ShortUrl by SharePoint Sense Featured
SharePoint ShortUrl is a SharePoint solution that allows the creation and use of vanity and shortcut hyperlinks fully integrated within the SharePoint environment. Developed and supported by SharePoint Sense Limited, SharePoint ShortUrl is used and trusted by many of the top companies worldwide!
SharePoint ShortUrl makes emailing links, putting them into documents or even saying the links over the phone much simpler and less error prone.
- Unlimited Shortened Hyperlinks.
- Auto link Updates to already created ShortUrl's for Items with properties changed.
- Shorten Everything Feature.
- Ability to create multiple ShortUrl's for content.
- Office Web Apps ShortUrl's.
- Date expiry for short lived Hyperlinks.
- Hyperlink ownership for audit trails.
- Very easy to use, no training required.
- Very easy to install.
- Tightly integrated with SharePoint.
- Reduces Errors.
- Improves productivity.
- Allows vanity hyperlinks.
ShortUrl allows the creation and use of vanity and shortcut hyperlinks. Too often and especially with large complex installations, the structure of a SharePoint site collection can lead to enormously long hyperlinks, which makes for ugly and error prone hyperlinks.
For example, compare the following hyperlink to a folder in a document library:
https://yoursite/clients/abc%20company/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.a spx?RootFolder=%2fclients%2fabc%20company%2fShared%20Documents%2fClient%20 Requirements&FolderCTID=&View=%7b80C7 6B49%2dFA92%2d490E%2dAFBF%2d8A07F9C73 CCE%7d
When you use ShortUrl, it can also be: https://yoursite/ShortUrl
This makes emailing the link, putting it into documents or even saying it over the phone much simpler and less error prone.
A shortened hyperlink can be created directly from the items context menu in a standard Document Library and if one has already been created, you can instantly copy the shorter hyperlink to the clipboard.
All the shortcuts are stored in a regular SharePoint List which allows all the standard functionality of audit trails, workflow, security permissions, item approval and so on, to naturally dovetail with this new functionality.
Last updated: March 11, 2013
Top 50 Reviewer - View all my reviews
Size Matters – Smaller is Better
I was impressed with many aspects of ShortUrl. One of those aspects is that SharePoint ShortUrl is written as SharePoint software, and it stores all the ShortUrls as items in a SharePoint list. When the ShortUrl Feature is activated at the Web Application scope, a list named “shorturl” is created at the root of the web application. That list stores all the ShortUrls and allows some management of them.
Average user rating from: 2 user(s)
SHAREPOINT SHORTURL BY SHAREPOINT SENSE
We are very happy with the product
1) The ability for content authors to view a comprehensive list of shortened URLs
2) The ability to create a short URL for a URL with query string.
3) The ability to pre-populate the key information to shorten the current page.
4) The fact that the tool keeps track of counts of the hits against the Short URLs
5) The product works very well and efficiently.
6) Support from the supplier has been outstanding.
There are many other nice features, but these are some of the key pros.
Last updated: March 27, 2013
Great URL Shortener for SharePoint
We had been a user of a competing product for shortening SharePoint URL’s but were looking for additional functionality. We found the tool from SharePoint Sense and installed a trial copy. It addressed about 90% of the gaps we identified with our existing tool. We contacted SharePoint Sense and they agreed to enhance the product to close the remaining gaps. Response and quality of the enhanced version was terrific. We have just recently installed the tool in our Production SharePoint Internet environment and our users have provided nothing but positive feedback.
Great tool at great price!