SPSMailToList is designed to fetch the content of a POP3 mail account into a SharePoint List. After deploy the solution you has a new feature that you can activate in any web site, this feature add a new list template in your web, to store the mails.
When the feature is activated you should have a new list template called “SPSProfessional Mail to List”, in order to store the mails you need create a new list based in this template.
To retrieve the POP3 mail you need add a web part in your page, the webpart is called “SPSMailToList”, in the properties you should fill the name, password, pop3 mail server, and the list where the messages are stored.
- Login: the pop3 user login account
- Password: the pop3 password
- Mail Server: the server address
- Mail Port: port used by the server, default is 110
- Use SSL: check if your pop3 server require an SSL connection
- List to store Messages: The list based in the Mail template used to store the mail
- Get Mail Manually: If checked the button to fetch mail is displayed if unchecked the webpart should fetch the mail on each load.
The webpart has only a button that is used to get mail. When pressed the mail is retrieved from the pop3 server and are stored in the specified list. MIME and RTF text format is conserved and the attachment remains as list attachments. You can configure alerts in the list in order to communicate to the users’ new mails and so on.