OnePlaceMail: Outlook to SharePoint Integration by Scinaptic
OnePlaceMail connects Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office and Windows File Explorer to Microsoft SharePoint. OnePlaceMail promotes the adoption of SharePoint as your enterprise information management and collaboration platform.
- Microsoft Outlook Drag & Drop Emails/Attachments
- Easily drag & drop emails or attachments from Outlook to SharePoint Libraries and Lists
- Automatic capture of email attributes/metadata
- Option to drag & drop one or more specific attachments from an email
- Streamlined Save to SharePoint Window for capturing additional destination column metadata
- Full type-ahead capabilities on Enterprise Keyword and Managed Metadata (from Outlook/Office 2003, 2007 and 2010)
- Option for a one step (auto save) process
- Duplicate checking of emails
- Support for multiple Content Types
- Storage of emails in the native .msg format
- Support for Document Libraries, Picture Libraries and Lists (e.g. Announcements, Tasks, Issues, Custom Lists)
- Supports SharePoint configurations and security permissions
- One step 'Email as Attachment' feature for external email capabilities
- Access to SharePoint directly from Outlook
- Access SharePoint content directly from Outlook
- Option to provide a 'minimised view' of Library/List content
- Full access to SharePoint views and search capabilities
- Desktop Integration: Windows Explorer (Right Click Send To)
- Send files from the Windows desktop / Network drive directly to SharePoint
- Apply destination library/list metadata at the point of upload
- Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) 2003, 2007 and 2010
- Save documents from Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to SharePoint (2003, 2007 and 2010)
- Integration and Deployment
- Full client Side API/SDK to automate the capture of additional metadata from other systems (e.g. CRM). This can be used in search and to help determine the location in SharePoint to save
- Ability to automatically deploy SharePoint filing locations to Microsoft Outlook, File Explorer and Office. This can be part of the creation/archive process for new SharePoint sites/libraries
- Deployment / Performance
- Simple to deployment via MSI file (Outlook Add-in)
- Support for SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Foundation, WSS v3, MOSS 2007
- Clients: Outlook/Office 2003, Outlook/Office 2007, Outlook/Office 2010
- Roaming User/Terminal Server support
- Powerful pre and post central deployment and configuration
- High performance navigation of large SharePoint environment
- High performance navigation of large library/list folder structures
- No user impact on Microsoft Outlook start-up or general use performance
- Full API/SDK to integrate with other 3rd party solutions
- Demonstration Site and Email Library Template with email Columns/Views provided
- Example SharePoint 2010 Feature support
- Folder level defaults
- List level validation
- Document sets
- Document ID
Please visit product site for more information including video demonstrations.
Average user rating from: 10 user(s)
OnePlaceMail: a great partner to SharePoint
Our organisation moved to SharePoint but found that we needed a better way to deal with the emailing of links/attachments. Our IT company suggested OnePlaceMail. After an initial trial, we decided to run with it - and so far, haven't looked back. Our IT company seem to have no problems with the software.
Along with providing the solution to our emailing requirements, being able to use SharePoint directly through Outlook without having to open a separate browser has been very useful.
* Open to presenting latest developments (just before flying to an IT conference in the US, no less).
* Easy to use.
* Customization works for our organisation.
* Integration with Word & Excel made for a smooth transition.
We searched high and low for a product that would work with Outlook and our SharePoint site. It was a challenge getting our emails into our document managment system. We found One Place and havent looked back. It is so easy to use and the customer support is the best I have ever dealt with.
Last updated: February 16, 2013
This company is so easy to work with.
We selected OPM after a protacted evaluation of several email clients. We're convinced that we chose the best product. Our users are very happy with the simple configuration and ease of use. The desktop integration is a big hit as well.
Scinaptic has been very responsive to our support and feature requests.
Slick & Unintrusive Interface
Overall we're very impressed with this OnePlaceMail. We've deployed it into an office where the computer skills of the staff aren't the best and they think it's good. The different methods of adding email to sharepoint mean that the product is very flexible. It's good value too!
Slick intuitave interface
Plenty of configuration options
Good support & documentation
Makes SharePoint seamless
This product makes SharePoint a seamless part of your workflow from within all your Office tools. For those who spend a good part of their day in Outlook, the capability to organize and manage SharePoint as an extension of Outlook and customize it to each individual is exceptional. This product is enabling our company to better and more fully utilize SharePoint.
Super value for our clients
I'm happy to recommend the product to all my clients if they need to archive or collect information from their mailboxes.
The support we have got from Scinaptic Communications has just been perfect, we enjoy the attention we get from them.
Simple to use
Supports meta data collection, very usefull
Wow. The BEST Support I have ever experienced.
Again, thanks James!
I can't say enough good about you or your company.
Scinaptics has out done themselves in terms of product quality.
Their support is outstanding, other organizations should take note of their style, efficiency and courtesy. Although I was running the demo, James was available at a moments notice (he's over 25,000 miles away from me!) and was more than willing to remote in and help me through a minor permissions problem that turned out to be a server problem. Simply stated, if you need a solution that Scinaptics can provide and you're considering another provider - quite considering and just call Scinaptics. Unbelievable - this company should be a model for all small software shops!
Thank you James!!
Fast, simple, flexible
We needed a simple and effective means to copy e-mails to SharePoint and apply metadata at the time of saving the e-mail. OnePlaceMail provided the right balance between great functionality yet easy to configure, deploy and use and virtually no overhead on Outlook. Also Scinaptic listened to our comments about how to make the product even better and provided updates really quickly. Great product and even better service.
Simple to use
No noticeable overhead on Outlook
Good deployment options
Great Product...and Best Support
I recommend this product to everyone who needs to sync email to SharePoint
But what's more impressive is their tech support.
I mainly work with Cameron and James and their support is always immeidate and patient.
One time there was big brush fire in Sydney area and they had to evacuated.
But they still replied to my emails and phone calls immediately and rescued me from troubles.