OnePlaceMail: Outlook to SharePoint Integration by Scinaptic
OnePlaceMail connects Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office and Windows File Explorer to Microsoft SharePoint. OnePlaceMail promotes the adoption of SharePoint as your enterprise information management and collaboration platform.
- Microsoft Outlook Drag & Drop Emails/Attachments
- Easily drag & drop emails or attachments from Outlook to SharePoint Libraries and Lists
- Automatic capture of email attributes/metadata
- Option to drag & drop one or more specific attachments from an email
- Streamlined Save to SharePoint Window for capturing additional destination column metadata
- Full type-ahead capabilities on Enterprise Keyword and Managed Metadata (from Outlook/Office 2003, 2007 and 2010)
- Option for a one step (auto save) process
- Duplicate checking of emails
- Support for multiple Content Types
- Storage of emails in the native .msg format
- Support for Document Libraries, Picture Libraries and Lists (e.g. Announcements, Tasks, Issues, Custom Lists)
- Supports SharePoint configurations and security permissions
- One step 'Email as Attachment' feature for external email capabilities
- Access to SharePoint directly from Outlook
- Access SharePoint content directly from Outlook
- Option to provide a 'minimised view' of Library/List content
- Full access to SharePoint views and search capabilities
- Desktop Integration: Windows Explorer (Right Click Send To)
- Send files from the Windows desktop / Network drive directly to SharePoint
- Apply destination library/list metadata at the point of upload
- Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) 2003, 2007 and 2010
- Save documents from Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to SharePoint (2003, 2007 and 2010)
- Integration and Deployment
- Full client Side API/SDK to automate the capture of additional metadata from other systems (e.g. CRM). This can be used in search and to help determine the location in SharePoint to save
- Ability to automatically deploy SharePoint filing locations to Microsoft Outlook, File Explorer and Office. This can be part of the creation/archive process for new SharePoint sites/libraries
- Deployment / Performance
- Simple to deployment via MSI file (Outlook Add-in)
- Support for SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Foundation, WSS v3, MOSS 2007
- Clients: Outlook/Office 2003, Outlook/Office 2007, Outlook/Office 2010
- Roaming User/Terminal Server support
- Powerful pre and post central deployment and configuration
- High performance navigation of large SharePoint environment
- High performance navigation of large library/list folder structures
- No user impact on Microsoft Outlook start-up or general use performance
- Full API/SDK to integrate with other 3rd party solutions
- Demonstration Site and Email Library Template with email Columns/Views provided
- Example SharePoint 2010 Feature support
- Folder level defaults
- List level validation
- Document sets
- Document ID
Please visit product site for more information including video demonstrations.
User reviewsView all user reviews
Average user rating from: 13 user(s)
I'm a SharePoint Administrator so I don't actually use the product, but I was responsible for setting up the server side and working with the support team to get the product, keys, etc. The team was very responsive and very helpful. The server side set up was very simple. I've been impressed!
Friendly support team
Great documentation with helpful links to related documents
Last updated: October 16, 2013
Extremely Helpful Product
One Place Mail has been extremely helpful for us. We can save emails and attachments to SharePoint much easier than ever before. Also, accessing SharePoint pages from One Place Mail in Outlook is very nice, seamless, and fast. Necessary product for us, and the updates always address relevant issues, ie. speed and performance.
Locks up Outlook while transferring
We were looking for an easy handling software to get the business relevant emails into our SharePoint!
Luckily, we found One Place Mail and the best support in the world! Thanks to James and Sara – even for your patience!
Very easy to use
OnePlaceMail: a great partner to SharePoint
Our organisation moved to SharePoint but found that we needed a better way to deal with the emailing of links/attachments. Our IT company suggested OnePlaceMail. After an initial trial, we decided to run with it - and so far, haven't looked back. Our IT company seem to have no problems with the software.
Along with providing the solution to our emailing requirements, being able to use SharePoint directly through Outlook without having to open a separate browser has been very useful.
* Open to presenting latest developments (just before flying to an IT conference in the US, no less).
* Easy to use.
* Customization works for our organisation.
* Integration with Word & Excel made for a smooth transition.
We searched high and low for a product that would work with Outlook and our SharePoint site. It was a challenge getting our emails into our document managment system. We found One Place and havent looked back. It is so easy to use and the customer support is the best I have ever dealt with.
Last updated: February 16, 2013
This company is so easy to work with.
We selected OPM after a protacted evaluation of several email clients. We're convinced that we chose the best product. Our users are very happy with the simple configuration and ease of use. The desktop integration is a big hit as well.
Scinaptic has been very responsive to our support and feature requests.
Slick & Unintrusive Interface
Overall we're very impressed with this OnePlaceMail. We've deployed it into an office where the computer skills of the staff aren't the best and they think it's good. The different methods of adding email to sharepoint mean that the product is very flexible. It's good value too!
Slick intuitave interface
Plenty of configuration options
Good support & documentation
Makes SharePoint seamless
This product makes SharePoint a seamless part of your workflow from within all your Office tools. For those who spend a good part of their day in Outlook, the capability to organize and manage SharePoint as an extension of Outlook and customize it to each individual is exceptional. This product is enabling our company to better and more fully utilize SharePoint.
Super value for our clients
I'm happy to recommend the product to all my clients if they need to archive or collect information from their mailboxes.
The support we have got from Scinaptic Communications has just been perfect, we enjoy the attention we get from them.
Simple to use
Supports meta data collection, very usefull