The Blog Roll for SharePoint 2007 web part collects blog posts from multiple SharePoint blogs and displays them in a single location. Blog Roll can be configured to only show the blogs that are relevant to the site hosting the web part.
The Blog Roll web part enables the enterprise to promote blogs that would otherwise be hidden away in Team Sites and My Sites.
- Aggregate blog posts from multiple SharePoint blog sites
- Display the post title linked to the blog post
- Display a summary of the blog post and limit the number of words in the summary text
- Display the author of the post with a link to their user profile (My Site)
- Display the author's profile photo and set the size of the photo
- Display the total number of comments for each blog post linked to the comments section
- Sort posts by published date, created date or modified date
- Filter by blog category
- Limit the number of blog posts displayed in the web part
- Customise the look and feel using custom styles or have the web part pick up the site theme
- Display/hide the default "welcome" blog post