World Clock and Weather Web Part by Bamboo Solutions
Show the date and time, weather and location for each of your offices...for free.
The Bamboo Solutions World Clock & Weather Web Part allows users to display local time and weather for selected major cities around the globe. This free Web Part allows you to:
- Show weather or clock by location with temperature, date, and time.
- Show temperature in celsius and/or fahrenheit.
- Show only date, time and location.
- Choose from analog or digital clock styles as well as colors.
- Change the font and font color of the date and time, temperature and location.
- Choose a date and time format.
- Show the country or province of a location.
- Arrange the weather or clocks vertically or horizontally.
- Show as many locations as you want with the option to scroll through each location.
- Configure the Web Part so that snow falls and gathers at the bottom of the screen when users access the page that contains this Web Part.
- Set the density of the snow fall (i.e. 50%, 75%, etc.).
- Indicate whether the snow will fall on a light background or dark background. Light background snow is darker colored for visibility.
- Show a custom Holiday message that moves across the Web Part.
Free and very useful
Bamboo’s World Clock and Weather web part is without a doubt one of the most popular free web parts for the SharePoint community. But being free is not the main reason why this web part is so good. It addresses a pretty basic need that SharePoint does not have out of the box. SharePoint is collaborative software intended to bridge the gap between remote locations within an organization or a network of people. This web part delivers a nice GUI display of time and weather and it helps keep all users connected to each others’ environments.
Easy to manage
Lots of customization options
Newly updated 2.0 version comes with new features including:
Render clocks with Silverlight
New digital/analog clock styles
Custom holiday message
Optional weather effects
Various bug fixes and improvements
No setting for custom timeout period
MSN weather only
User reviewsView all user reviews
Average user rating from: 12 user(s)
Bamboo Clock and weather web part
Its very useful and Freeware web Part. We can use this Web Part in Intranet Portals in SharePoint 2010.
Needs Internet Connection to work
This is a great Web Part, easy to install and easy to set up. Clear display. Alround, super, but connectivity requirements let it down.
Bamboo Clock and Weather SP2010
I recently installed this Bamboo web part on our 2010 environment. Bamboo has a nice install engine and you are able to install the webpart effortlessly in minutes. I installed both the time and weather as separate web parts on our homepage. Thanks Bamboo!
Very nice upgrade to previous version
Great design. The users have no complaints.
we now use 2010 however we installed on 2007 and it works great
Very useful and users like it
We've been using this web part almost from day one on our project sites. We put it on the landing page so the project teams could see time, location, and weather which helped for people travelling to and from project location. It is a simple part that fits a basic need and has been really solid.
The only issue we've ever had is that some projects are out in very remote regions where the location is not recognized, but generally the nearest public city will be found. Pretty slick.
Oh yeah, its free too!
Shows local time
Shows local weather
Has nice graphic that complements most any branding scheme
Easy to configure even through code
Great For Free
We installed this web part to our farm late last year. We have had no problems with it, and our user base seems to love it.
Bamboo Web Part - I love it
We have developed a CRM Template that runs on SharePoint and include the Bamboo Web Part with every system. Our client's love it and it really adds some flair to the personalized home pages.
As our clients are both around the globe and sell around the globe the fact they can set up the locations that have meaning to them is really handy.
With an ever expanding global network of commerce this Free handy web part from Bamboo is appreciated by all.
Works as advertised
I have a client who gets a lot of use out of this product. If you absolutely have to have this functionality on a SharePoint site, it does it.
All Round Info
Another useful freebie from Bamboo. Too busy really for my liking, but if your job includes a lot of worldwide trade could be important.