Use the Articles Web Part for SharePoint 2010 to post announcements, deliver company news, create FAQ's, highlight products, and share info easily and in an attractive way.
SharePoint's Content Query and List View web parts are the traditional choices for displaying lists of content such as company news or announcements.The problem we have with these particular out the box web parts is that they simply display a bunch of article links without images, dates or descriptions. They are also a hassle to set up.
The Articles Web Part does two things really well:
- 1. Letting you create article lists quickly and easily, so you can share content on your intranet without having to configure content query web parts or creating SharePoint lists manually.
- 2. Giving you full control over the look & feel of your article lists, by providing you with numerous display options and themes.
The way it works is simple: Insert an Articles Web Part onto any SharePoint page, type the name of your new articles list (e.g. "Press Releases", or "Messages from the CEO") and click OK.Your list will be automatically created on the spot, leaving you with choosing the size, layout and colors of your article listing. You can set the number of items to display, change the text size, set the orientation of your list (vertical or horizontal), and even choose a theme. Show or hide article dates if you wish, and 'highlight' your latest article just like they do on the news sites.
Here are some things our customers are using the Articles Web Part for:
- Announcements, company news and press releases
- Sharing progress updates with project teams
- "From the desk of the CEO"
- Employee spotlight, employee of the month, and new hires
- "Quote of the Day"
- Sharing brochures, logos and other marketing material with staff
Please visit product site for more information.