Review Detail

SPeals SurveyUP for SharePoint
Forms & Surveys
Rating 

Speals SurveyUP delivers excellent web part to jaz

I have been waiting for a strong survey web part candidate - there are only a couple on the market, and they suffer from bugs and haphazard support. Speals has produced a credible product which brings it close to being that "top dog", but not quite.

Overall, this web part shines with its charting capabilities - there are a number of options for formatting your survey results, including (critically, to me) the ability to remove questions which might not chart especially well from the results. Additionally, this one feature gives me the ability to use separate web parts to display specific questions in the chart type most appropriate to the results. This alone makes this web part a very cool tool. Additionally, the control supports things like 3D rendering, different color schemes (pre-built - you currently don't seem to be able to define them through custom CSS or other means yet). One thing I absolutely LOVE is the Expiration property - I have had way too many customers ask me to put up a survey for them, and then tell me to "turn it off by xxx date", and finding that I have to set it on my calendar or some other reminder tool. This property allows me to set it and forget it! Very nice!

I originally had some minor reservations about the product because it did not support paging. However, they recently issued a new release, which supports branching and paging! The only (minor) bummer is that is doesn't have the ability to page *backwards*. I have some other very minor quibbles with the tool, but none of them are show-stoppers.

I give this 5 stars rating. It's a good tool at a very reasonable price, and it will make your Sharepoint surveys look a *lot* better!

Product Reviews

Pros
Excellent charting options
Ability to select *which* questions to display in charts
Ability to select *what type* of chart for a question
Expiration date for surveys
Ability to point to any survey within a site collection
Redirect support at end of survey
Cons
No backward paging - not good for quizzes
Some properties based on text boxes, not lookups - inconvenient
Version Reviewed