Review Detail

Vizit Pro for SharePoint
Document Management
Rating 

Vizit 4.0

I have been working with Vizit for about a year and it has gone through several upgrades during that time. My review is strictly from the point of using Vizit as document type viewing solution as their products do offer different levels of functionality. I evaluate the product from a time saving ROI perspective which allows end users to view documents quickly and easily without having to have the specific client software.In my experience end users are very happing having this new ability. It also integrates within the SharePoint platform so the feature is available everywhere or on a per site basis. This is one of products where you think SharePoint should have come with this feature OOTB.

Product Reviews

Pros
- Install was relatively simple
- Support has always been strong
- Strong commitment to continually update and improve the product
- time saver for end users opening different document types
- Relatively inexpensive for feature set
- provides option for vieweing AutoCAD drawings
Cons
- to open a wider array of document types available for viewinig a rendition service will need to be installed using OpenOffice.This is not a defect in the prodcut but buyers should be aware the functionality they receive OOTB and what requires additional time and effort. Reference the Atalasoft website to see the different document types supported with or without the rendition service.
Version Reviewed
4.0 and earlier
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering