If you have SharePoint you need ShareGate
Any SharePoint user will at some time hit the following problems;
1. Moving Documents between document libraries on different SharePoint sites and losing version history, created by and Created Dates
2. Moving list items between lists and losing metadata.
3. Moving document libraries/ lists between sites and losing permissions.
4. Finding you can't uploade documents with '&' in their title or other ilegal characters.
5. Unable to migrate content of document libraries between different versions of SharePoint.
Well, I now know the answer and it isn't that expensive. The answer is Sharegate.
Office Talk were so impressed we became resellers http://www.office-talk.com/index.php?id=180
Works on network shares as well as SharePoint
Can create Templates