IntranetFactory - SharePoint Modeler/Modeler Conne
IntranetFactory "tools" are a great way to repidly get started on planning and designing (and then creating) the hiearchy of a SharePoint solution. The data architecting, creation of:
- content types, custom columns, and custom web parts, metadata requirements (business and operational need) ......... still need to be planed for and met prior to using the SharePoint Modeler - but that is how it should be!
- graphically map out the hierarchy and user interface of a SharePoint solution without having to "build" the individual sites and pages.
- identify out-of-the-box web parts and 3rd party/custom web parts to be used on each site/page.
- understand how information/files/data will "move"through the SharePoint solution
The Modeler Connector allows me to:
- rapidly build the sites and pages of the SharePoint solution without having to create each myself and gain feedback from the team
- change the solution (using modeler) without having to manually delete sites and rebuild them
Collectively the IntranetFactory "tools" generate:
- Site Map (overview of report)
- Complete Model Documentation (including wireframe diagrams of the sites, pages and web parts)
reports that I then use as the basis to further "detail" the solution and document its features, functionality and training requirements
- an Implementation Guide
There is currently no way to introduce custom site/page templates into the modeler and those provided are basic and do not include header an footer zones.