Tomoye Communities for SharePoint takes document management to the next level by breaking down content silos by publishing content into cross-enterprise communities. Organizations can also leverage SharePoint content beyond the walls of the enterprises to engage partners, customers and other stakeholders. In these communities, users participate using a wide range of powerful features such as video collaboration, expertise classification and community metrics.
Tomoye Communities for SharePoint includes the following features:
- Community taxonomy: Thematic based navigation enables organizations to successfully aggregate all of the different people, knowledge and conversations within an enterprise.
- Powerful questions and answers: Tomoye questions and answers generate ROI and stickiness in communities. In Tomoye Communities, questions and answers are available by mobile, email and within the community itself.
- Expertise classification: In social networking applications, more often then not, people do not fill in their personal profile or share content on their profile pages. Tomoye communities use a variety of techniques aside from profiles to reveal expertise and classifying it with a fine granularity.
- Video collaboration: Tomoye helps create communities around all types of content from documents to wikis to videos to Weblogs. Users can select and work with the content types they feel the most comfortable with. Only Tomoye brings video collaboration to SharePoint deployments.
- Community metrics engine: Take the guess work out of managing communities with fine grain metrics that enable you to plan, grow and evaluate initiatives.