Professional Calendar provides following key benefits: it allows combining events from different SharePoint Lists, from any SharePoint Site, in one Calendar view; allows specifying different color sets for different event sources; supports on-the-fly AJAX-enabled editing features in Outlook 2007 like style; and other enhanced functionality.
- Multisource support. Professional Calendar combines events from different SharePoint Lists, from any SharePoint Site, in one Calendar view
- Using different colors for evens. Professional Calendar allows specifying different color sets for events type of your need or use default one
- On-the-Fly AJAX-enabled features, including adding, editing, dragging, resizing and deleting events in Outlook 2007 like style
Additionally Web Part uses AJAX functionality for calendar standard commands, such as Expand All, Collapse All, change calendar view, data navigation, etc. Another Professional Calendar nice advantage is supporting all SharePoint standard themes.
ArtfulBits Professional Calendar Web Part is user friendly and has simple interface (as standard SharePoint calendar), allowing users to easily create new calendar events with a single click! Editing features make working with SharePoint easy and pleasant. To change the date of an event, you simply drag and drop it to the appropriate calendar cell. To change the event time frame, simply resize the event to the correct duration of the event.
- Aggregating events from multiple SharePoint lists, from any site, in one Calendar view
- Color customization for source lists events(Background color, Text color)
- On-the-Fly events dragging, resizing, editing
- Adding and deleting events with a single click
- Complete AJAX support for standard commands (Expand/Collapse All, date navigation, etc.) and for on-the-fly event actions (editing/dragging/resizing/deleting)
- Easy replacement of standard Calendar view with Professional Calendar
- Supporting any SharePoint list type (not only Calendar list) on any location
- List view toolbar
- Cross-browser support (IE6+, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, Safari)
- SharePoint standard themes support
- Calendar resizing support to fit your web site's design
- Language pack support (desired localization could be added by request)