Veritas NetBackup for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server simplifies workspace backup and recovery without taking the SharePoint Portal offline. A multi-level backup and recovery approach ensures continued availability of SharePoint Portal services and data during backups. Central administration, automation, and support for all popular storage devices provide the flexibility administrators need to maximize their return on investment.
- Granular Restore OptionsGranular restore allows customers to restore individual documents from a database backup. NetBackup also allows these restores to be directed to the original location or to a different path.
- Fast and Easy to UseNetBackup can backup both the databases and documents in one backup process reducing the time required to perform a backup. One console simplifies ease-of-use and can be used to protect SharePoint and Windows Services, including server farm configuration and single-sign-on databases.
- Robust Data IntegrityData protection includes all portal content, including web store data, Microsoft Search Service system resources, SPS configuration information, the applications folder, and any content sources that reference the local file system. Protects the Profile, Search, and Index databases.
- Automated BackupSchedules can be set for automatic, unattended backups for local systems or for remote client systems over the network.
- Run-Time DetectionDynamic discovery of new databases and SharePoint hosts allows for automatic SharePoint data protection.