EMC Documentum Archive Services for SharePoint migrates content created in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 to the EMC Documentum repository. Use Archive Services for SharePoint to capture content in a consolidated infrastructure for records retention, reuse, and electronic discovery needs. You’ll increase performance of your SharePoint environment and lower storage costs by offloading your SharePoint servers.
Features and Benefits
- Automated transfer: Migrate content transparently to users, providing corporate control without the need for user training.
- Retention management of SharePoint content: Preserve SharePoint documents according to corporate retention policies to meet regulatory, corporate governance, or legal discovery requirements.
- Policy-based archiving: Capture content based on events such as check-in/check-out or metadata values to meet application or compliance requirements.
- Shortcuts or links: Archive documents while leaving links in SharePoint, providing transparent user access and organizational control over content.
- Transfer methods: Transfer documents via copy, move, or move with shortcut to meet varied application requirements.
- Document properties retention: Map document properties—from SharePoint columns to EMC Documentum doctype metatype—to ensure that important file information is archived.