The Metadata Search Web Part is a standard SharePoint Web part that is easy to install, configure, and use and that was developed specifically for structured searches in SharePoint. It allows executing advanced searches by using SharePoint list column-data or metadata.
SharePoint Search focuses on free-text searches and is perfect for documents. But when working with structured data such as custom lists, it is not straightforward to configure SharePoint to perform advanced queries on structured lists. The Metadata Search Web Part was created for structured searches.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Search any SharePoint 2010 list or library using column-data.
- Generate reports, export search results into printer-friendly pages and Microsoft Word documents.
- Optimized for performance - fully AJAX-enabled user-experience, which means no full-reloading of SharePoint pages, which in turn results in less round-trips to the Web server and less bandwidth usage.
- Clean user-interface design - intuitive design lets SharePoint users use the web part the moment it is installed. The theme and styling of the Web part adapts to your SharePoint themes and styling.
- Compliant with SharePoint Security Model - no SharePoint security-trimmed data will get accidentally exposed to unauthorized users.
- Easy to install and configure.
Please visit product site for more information including free trial.