The Scanning Enabler 2007 Routing Coversheet Service supports Multifunction Printers (MFPs), fax machines and Digital Senders (imaging devices). It makes use of Routing Coversheets, Content Type Sheets and Site Column Value Sheets. Use the Scanning Enabler 2007 Routing Coversheet Service to Scan documents and batches of documents directly to SharePoint. Use your existing mulitfunction printers, fax machines and digital senders. The Dark Blue Duck Scanning Enabler 2007 Routing Coversheet Service is easy to understand, easy to install and easy to use.
Routing Coversheets, Content Type Sheets and Site Column Value Sheets are printed pages that are scanned by the imaging device and used to let the Scanning Enabler 2007 Routing Coversheet Service know where the scanned document should be stored and what index (column) values to set. Documents can be sent directly to Document Library folders or SharePoint List Items (as attachments).
The Coversheet Routing Service is configured to pick up incoming work from a "drop" location. This can be an SMTP (email) drop folder, a fax service folder or an SMB (windows) share. From the end user point of view the imaging device is sending directly to SharePoint and directly to the correct place within the SharePoint repository. Users are not required to know where the "correct place" is. They are not required to touch a keyboard. The drop location can be configured as "write only" so security can be very tightly configured.
The Scanning Enabler 2007 Routing Coversheet Service requires the main Scanning Enabler application be installed on the target SharePoint front end server (the small business, medium business or unrestricted edition).
- Adds Scanning functionality to all new and existing document libraries and lists
- Use a shared multifunction printer (MFP), a fax machine or a digital sender
- Use Barcode pages to specify the Document Library folder the scanned document should be stored in or the List Item it should be attached to
- Use Barcode pages to specify a SharePoint Content Type and one or more Site Column Values (metadata)
- Uses Microsoft Office Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to create searchable documents
- Supports batch scanning
- Supports e-mail and fax services
- Compatible with Windows SharePoint Services V3 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 indexing and search
- Supports custom metadata capture and workflow
- Supports all Microsoft SharePoint server farm architectures
- Easy to install and easy to uninstall
- Creates searchable pdf, mdi and tif formatted documents
- Multilanguage support
- Supports image stamping
- Use the Scanning Enabler 2007TM Routing Coversheet ServiceTM to bulk load your paper documents to SharePoint
- Based 100% on SharePoint technology.
- Implementation support provided by email and phone.