Scanning Enabler Capture by Dark Blue Duck
The Scanning Enabler 2007 Capture Desktop application allows for bulk load and index of user's paper documents. Select a SharePoint Content Type and specify "Indexing" Site Column properties for individual scanned documents or multiple scanned documents at one time. Use your existing desktop scanners or shared desktop scanners. The Dark Blue Duck Scanning Enabler Capture is easy to learn and easy to install.
Tight integration with SharePoint Content Types and Site Columns eliminates complex setup and maintenance work. The intuitive user interface reduces your training costs.
Notice that the Scanning Enabler 2007 Capture application provides support for Barcodes, Content Types and Site Column values only when the main Scanning Enabler application is installed on the target SharePoint front end server (the small business, medium business or unrestricted edition).
- Compatible with Windows SharePoint Services V3, Windows SharePoint Services V2, SharePoint Portal Server 2003 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
- Publish scanned documents to all new and existing document libraries
- Use a Desktop Scanner or a shared Desktop Scanner
- Uses Microsoft Office Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to create searchable documents
- Supports bulk scanning and indexing
- Supports all Microsoft SharePoint server farm architectures
- Easy to install and easy to uninstall
- Supports pdf, mdi, tif and jpg document formats
- Based 100% on SharePoint technology.
- Implementation support provided by email and phone.
- Seamlessly integrated with SharePoint Content Types, Document Libraries and Site Columns (when main Scanning Enabler is installed on the target Server).
- Use Barcode pages to specify a SharePoint Content Type and one or more Site Column Values (when main Scanning Enabler is installed on the target Server)
Average user rating from: 2 user(s)
Strange Name But Does Job
Many of the Office Talk customers have a requirement to scan documents into their SharePoint Document Libraries and for a basic fix Dark Blue Duck is the package to use.
It is very easy to install and just adds a menu item to the Actions tab in the Document Library. This means if they have a scanner attached to their PC then they can scan documents straight in.
Dark Blue Duck goes further with adding metadata and bulk uploading but this perhaps over complicate a simple requirement.
We will continue to recommend it but maybe the name Dark Blue Duck is a bit miss-leading.
Easy for users with scanners to operate
Is very SharePoint like
The advanced features can be quite complex
Excellent product, does what it says on the tin...
I trialed a number of scanning solutions, including some very well known ones, and found they all had frustrating shortcommings, or that next bit you needed was always an expensive add-on. The Dark Blue Duck suite of products gave us not only the "out of the box" functionality of uploading scanned documents, but also came with an ActiveX control to allowed us to develop our own custom applications. This was especially usefull for meta-data gathering and verification. Based on standard Twain connectivity to the scanner I fould that I had no problem swapping out one scanner for another (I had three different models).I It's easy to install the trial and it has enough functionality for you to fully test the product. When you purchase the license then you can active the trial without having to re-install a full version.
I've rarely found a product that represents such excellent value for money. The support I've received has been great and Dark Blue Duck has always been willing to assist me with any issue I was having.
- On-the-fly conversion from scanned image to PDF
- Zonal OCR functionality
- Header Sheets or Custom Barcode recognition, enables area offices to send in scans/faxes/emails and have them routed automatically
- Great customer support