Scanning Enabler for SharePoint 2007 by Dark Blue Duck
The Dark Blue Duck Scanning Enabler product enhances Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 (MOSS) and Windows® SharePoint® Services 3.0 (WSS) adding support for paper.
Scan documents and batches of documents to SharePoint directly from the SharePoint User Interface. Use your existing desktop scanners or a shared desktop scanner. The Dark Blue Duck Scanning Enabler is easy to understand, easy to install and easy to use.
- Seamlessly integrated with SharePoint User Interface
- Adds Scanning functionality to all new and existing document libraries and lists
- Use a Desktop Scanner or a shared Desktop Scanner
- Use Barcode pages to specify a SharePoint Content Type and one or more Site Column Values (metadata)
- Uses Microsoft Office Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to create searchable documents
- Supports batch scanning
- Compatible with Windows SharePoint Services V3 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 indexing and search
- Supports custom metadata capture and workflow
- Supports all Microsoft SharePoint server farm architectures
- Easy to install and easy to uninstall
- Creates searchable pdf, mdi and tif formatted documents
- Multilanguage support
- Supports image stamping
- Based 100% on SharePoint technology.
- Centrally set scanning preferences.
- Implementation support provided by email and phone.
We feel that this product will save us a lot of time and money.
Our County Government is setting up an Electronic Records Center based on SharePoint. We installed Scanning Enabler and it integrates very well and is easy to set up and is simple to use to scan documents directly into document libraries.
Scan in a Document Library
This simple addition to a Document Library makes life so much easier. Instead of having to scan to Word and then upload the file to SharePoint you can scan straight into SharePoint by having the option 'Scan' appearing in the Document Library dropdown.
A number of our customers have used this product and none of them have had any issues.
The simple ideas are the best.