The SharePoint Tag Directory Web Part displays taxonomies of managed metadata or enterprise keywords as flat A-Z index navigation or glossary of categories linked to tag profiles, hashtag pages, or to the tagged content as well-known from technical books. The Web Part offers an additional content navigation to browse the corporate knowledge alphabetically - independent of the content store's structure.
With the Tag Directory Web Part for Microsoft SharePoint you can render managed metadata taxonomies, right from the term store, as flat A-Z index or glossary of tags as well-known from technical books. The tags are linked to the SharePoint 2010 Tag Profiles or, alternatively, directly to the tagged content. The SharePoint Web part offers an additional content navigation to browse the corporate knowledge alphabetically - independent of the content store's hierarchical structure.
Features and benefits:
- More efficient information access on SharePoint portals: The Tag Directory offers an additional navigation that makes it very easy and fast to find information for users, that don't know, where the information is originally located. A great step forward for employee portals, extranets and corporate Internet sites.
- Company-wide glossary helps to build a common language: The web part also could be used as some kind of glossary, helpful for employees to find a common language and understanding in the enterprise.
- Well-known navigation - no training required: Alphabetically sorted directories are very common and well-known, e.g. in technical books. Users can work with this technique intuitively.
- No additional effort - Index is built automatically: The index is rendered automatically as a result of content tagging using managed metadata and enterprise keywords. Starting nodes could be given from existing taxonomies. Tagging could be completely automatically with the Auto Tagger component.
- Flexible design and linking: The web part comes with template-based output (XSLT). Additional information can be flexible displayed. The tag can be linked to the tag profile as well as to the tagged content items and documents itself.
- 100% SharePoint 2010 / 2013 Technology: The solution is completely based on the new Enterprise Metadata Management API of SharePoint 2010 / 2013.
Available as part of the Knowledge Management Suite for SharePoint or separately.