CopyMove for End-Users by SharePoint Products
CopyMove is a SharePoint add-on that enables administrators and end-users to safely copy and move content stored in SharePoint document libraries and lists. Documents, list items and folders are all copied/moved while preserving all metadata and the complete version history.
- Copy and Move documents, pictures, list items & folders.
- Copy and Move Web part pages and Publishing pages.
- Copy and Move document sets in SP2010.
- Copy and Move across site collections.
- Preserves item timestamps and item author information.
- Preserves version history, metadata and item permissions.
- User friendly interface with seamless integration to SharePoint.
- Fool proof operation with many built-in safety checks.
- .NET API and Web Service API for programmatic operation.
- Auditable transactions.
- Fully documented.
- Quick & Easy deployment.
- Works with SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010.
- 2+ years in the market with many satisfied customers.
Average user rating from: 7 user(s)
Great End User Tool
I like it and the ability to copy the metadata is something that we are often asked for. It is also good the way you can change settings if you receive errors.
My one concern is that it is a little expensive. If it was half hte price I think many companies would jump at it.
SharePoint Copy/Move for Custom Lists
This tool fulfills a very critical need that is not provided out of the box by MOSS 2007 or WSS 3.0. I will strongly recommend this tool to all my clients.
Keep up the great work! Cheers.
2. It is very simple to install and use.
3. Very prompt and professional support provided.
4. Excellent documentation.
5. Reasonable price
Trial Version gives error
I downloaded and installed the trial version. When I click Move or Copy and any of the files or folders, I get this error.
Exception occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DISP_E_EXCEPTION)) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.GetMetadataForUrl(String bstrUrl, Int32 METADATAFLAGS, Guid& pgListId, Int32& plItemId, Int32& plType, Object& pvarFileOrFolder)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetMetadataForUrl(String bstrUrl, Int32 METADATAFLAGS, Guid& pgListId, Int32& plItemId, Int32& plType, Object& pvarFileOrFolder)
Excellent tool for moving documents or lists
Restructuring data is now possible without loosing version history or metadata! I was stunned when I realised that OOB ShP couldn't handle these types of move operations, I was equally surprised and happy when I found this program as a working solution!
- Enables move of list items (not possible in OOB ShP).
- Warning message with abort option if metadatainformation will be lost. Makes it possible to correct settings or add missing columns or site content types in the target document library.
- Easy to deploy
Finally a solution that works!
We are actually using the Copy/Move Solution from SharePoint Products in our own solution as it's a proven and tested product, and it made no sense to go and develop it all ourselves.
SharePoint Products has proven to be a very reliable partner and offers great support.
Easy install and deployment.
CopyMove from SharePoint Products enables our end users to copy and move items from one document library (or folder) to another. This was a feature that our organisation had been asking for ever since we introduced SPS-2003 (long time ago). In order to use SharePoint as a document management system copy and move functionality that preserves version history is very important and this product solved our need.
The product is very easy to install with no manually tasks. In addition it has great customization possibilities. E.g. one can set item or size limits to a copy/move operation which enable the system administrators to control that performance is not impacted. The product also has a webservice that exposes the functionality which can be utilized by other business applications.
* Strong control of item/size limit
* Functionality are also exposed through webservice
* Very nice user interface
* Ability to copy/move items across different site collections
Finally an easy way to copy and move items
- WAW! It has got realy easy for users to copy and move their documents, images etc. with this tool (a thing missing in std. sharePoint).
Can highly recommend this tool.
- Very nice to see that the tool preserves version history as well as other properties.
- The installation went very smooth - took only a few minutes and nothing needed to be configured afterwards.