Review Detail

SPTechCon: The SharePoint Technology Conference
SharePoint Event Companies
Overall rating 

Topics/Sessions 

Content/Speakers 

Venue Location 

SPTechCon Boston

Another SPTechCon Boston is in the books, and I’m happy to report that attendance more than doubled since last June! The bi-annual conference is held once in San Francisco and once in Boston, and it is certainly turning into one of the more popular SharePoint conferences on the circuit. The only downside to the large increase in attendees is the fact that the venue was overcrowded. That will be addressed next June as the conference will move to another hotel that can suit the bigger crowd. But I look at overcrowding as a good thing, as the show is gaining momentum!

So what about the overall vibe of the conference? And what about the quality of sessions provided and the overall experience as an attendee? This is a question that is always asked of me. And it’s honestly a very difficult one to answer. I personally would recommend several conferences, and they would probably be all for the same reasons. I am fortunate to have many friends in the community, whom I enjoy spending time with while I’m there. That’s a big factor for me, but it’s probably not for someone looking to learn about SharePoint. I also have the goal of meeting with vendors to see what new things they are doing, which may not be something that interests a newcomer either.

Event Reviews

Date
October 2010
Would you attend this event again?
Yes
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering