Idera SharePoint Backup
Idera SharePoint backup is a backup and recovery product for Microsoft SharePoint sites and site collections. It enables administrators to ensure the safety and integrity of their SharePoint content by automating the backup and recovery process. Idera SharePoint backup provides automated scheduled backups, monitoring of backup and recovery operations from a central console and reduces administrator workload by enabling site administrators and users to recover their own documents. Idera SharePoint backup also saves on storage costs by employing powerful compression technology to reduce backup sizes by up to 95%.
POWERFUL PERFORMANCE MONITORING AND DIAGNOSTICS
- Scheduler: Backup site collections and sites on a scheduled basis.
- Historical view: Provides an overview of all Backup and Recovery jobs executed, along with their status and operational detail such as which objects were backed up or recovered, when and where.
- IntelliSearch™: Search for any type of SharePoint object across backup sets; from site collections and sites to individual documents.
- Granular Recovery: Restore site collections, sites, folders and lists, list items and documents. Restore contents in-place, out-of-place or to your local machine.
- Full Recovery: Complete recovery of all SharePoint content including properties, security settings, and replacement of existing list items and documents.
- Quick Restore: Enables you to restore only the content that is missing from the current SharePoint environment.
- Self-service recovery: An easy to use web part provides the ability for site collection and site owners to recover single or multiple documents.
- Pointbackup today: Provides a daily summary of all backup and recovery operations, as well scheduled backup tasks. Provides an overview of how much of your SharePoint content is protected and backup storage utilization.
- IntelliCompress™: An innovative compression engine that intelligently selects the best compression method to be applied to the SharePoint content being backed up.
- Easy-to-use UI: Allows diffi cult backup and restore tasks to be executed quickly and easily.
ENTERPRISE MANAGEMENT FEATURES
- Enterprise-class scalability: Large numbers of site collections, sites, lists and folders, item lists and documents can be backed up and restored quickly and effi ciently.
- Central management console: A single place to confi gure, execute and monitor all your backup and recovery operations across all your SharePoint Servers.
- Central Management Repository: Stores historical information on all backup and recovery operations as well as backup schedule data in a central repository, allowing a true view of how protected your SharePoint content is and easy access to content that has been backed up.
In the two years we have owned this product, I have not been able to pull a single restore off of it. Once you get backups running, this is about the most cumbersome and slow program out there. Click, get a cup of coffee. Really, its that bad. Our Content database is at 120 gig, and we have a customer database that the product really cant handle. I had to split up the customer database into 6 different backups, because once you get too much data in a single backup, the product slows down to an unusable point. Also - with something like a customer database, you have to add in the new customers manually - the product wont do it. And with 10 to 20 additions a day, it becomes a difficult task. I do not recommend this product at all. If you do test it, test it with ALL of your data.
Idera SharePoint Backup
Once your in their marketing team's headlights, they don't let you hide. As the I.T. Director for a large organization, I don't have time to be fielding sales calls every day.
Great price & Quality Support
Overall the solution did exactly what I expected. Simple install. Backup and restore was simple. Admin notifcation of failures/success in backups. Tested it against a MOSS Standard SP1 environment and has great success.
Recovery was easy for individual files and sites. One thing about sites was that the site restored back to default template so the homepage (default.aspx) of the site may be reverted back to out of the box and lose any changes tha that may have been made. They were working on fixing that issue.
Idera is alway quick to respond and to work through any issues you may have.
The price point was great for us.
They offer a nice collection of tools for SharePoint