K2 For Business Apps
Use K2 to build and run business applications including forms, workflow, data and reports. K2 quickly allocates work to the right people along with all the information they need to make great decisions. With K2, you get higher service levels by giving people the right information, at the right time and with the authority to act; increased responsiveness by eliminating indecision and bottlenecks; full visibility into trends and activities across your business, everywhere K2 is used; flexibility to change your business software as quickly as your business needs.
With K2’s visual tools, creating, launching and using the first K2 application is a snap. Reusable components ensure the next application delivers faster than the one before, and when the business needs change, it’s easy to update your K2 apps to fit.
Most notable award: Best of Tech·Ed SharePoint awards received two consecutive years
Much better than using SPD
Everyone needs workflow and this is one of the best tools out there.
Easy to use
Great resources to learn more
Upgrades not as easy as i would like
Thumbs down to K2 Blackpoint
We have had a fairly tragic experience with K2 BlackPoint, and this is after trying to implement custom workflows in about 4 projects. There are some fundamental things you would expect the product to do OOB but it simply doesn't. Yes, there are some nice points. The real time view of the workflow is pretty slick. Integration with InfoPath is nice too, but seems every attempt to do something, you will have to jump over hoops to get there and consult numerous support articles. Support is average at best. You have to jump up and down to get heard. It's a complicated, buggy product that tries to do alot and ends up doing very little well.
- calling a custom web service or .net service is a pain to implement.
- Process Portal is very slow and lacks alot of features you would expect, like being about to delete more than one workflow instance at a time.
- we encountered numerous bugs with the product
- multiple K2 servers (load balanced) will cause you no end of pain unless you really know what you are doing
- they will charge you for UAT server lics
- Good luck if you use Kerberos.
It's about time we have a workflow solution that is easy to use and well priced.
2. Reusable across multiple sites and site collections.
3. Extremely well priced.