BPC PowerForms by Best Practice Consulting
BPC PowerForms allows companies to build advanced custom forms for Document libraries and custom lists in Microsoft SharePoint. It is a complete framework based on Silverlight to assist users build rich data forms.
- Rich control set - Supports many useful controls.
- Tab-based user interface - Save valuable space by grouping form controls in tabs.
- Run-time designer - Easily move the controls around on the form using the run-time designer.
- Multi-column user interface - Using the designer, user can easily create the form layout that suits their needs.
- Hierarchical combo boxes - Multiple constraints between controls can be defined that filter the data source for lookup controls (comboboxes, lookup pickers, etc.) whenever the users select a value in the constraint control.
- Popup multi-value pickers - For multi-value fields, popup pickers can be used to save form space.
- Allows developers to build custom controls and add custom business logic in the form - Full programming API for developing new custom controls, customized web calls before and after form actions, custom external assemblies for business logic.
- Supports calculated fields - Expression Evaluator for control values and asynchronous queries to other SharePoint lists.
- Supports localization for every form element.
- Master-detail list queries - Users can display master-detail information using the list query designer feature and controls.
- Web service call definition - Users can define web service calls to external web services. Filters can be applied depending on user data.
Please visit product site for more information.
Average user rating from: 3 user(s)
I've been working with the trial beta for no more than 1-2 weeks, and still managed to setup an entire issue management system based on it for our operations department. The customization capabilities seem to be really unlimited, plus I was able to setup master detail views based on external data (some financial info is kept to systems outside MOSS) within minutes.
Boosts up sharepoint app development; definetely worth the price
-FAST (goodbye irritating post backs)
-WYSIWYG printing of the forms
-External data embedment
-Super: multiple forms based on custom conditions
perhaps one "drawback" (if you can call it that) is that it is "bound" to sharepoint. I would love to have it also as an independent product for building standalone silverlight forms outside sharepoint.
A really good investment overall, after a few days of usage I haven't found any customization scenario I cannot implement with PF.
=> extensibility (fairly easy to add your own libraries, and incorporate your own business logic)
=> really fast design and customization of the forms
Fast and easy
The designer is very powerful and incorporates many things that we used to get as different components before (cascaded lookup, tabs, etc)
I have shortly tested this on WSS3 as well and it seems to have no differences in functionality.
Many controls out of the box
Can help get users pleased fast
Nice price for all the functionality