The corporate workplace has become a diverse mobile device environment mainly driven by the growing number of mobile professionals and demand for newer devices with improved user interface, applications, speed and cool factor. Core to this demand is employee mobility and the expectation for anywhere and anytime access to information, people, applications and communications to support increased demand for productivity and customer responsiveness.
SharePoint Column/View Permission, an add-on from BoostSolutions (formerly SharePointBoost), provides functionality that many SharePoint Admins sorely miss: hidden/read-only columns in lists, hidden/read-only views, setting default views per user or group, etc.
The installation installs a "SharePointBoost Software" section in Central Administration which contains a "License Management Center" and a Site Collection level feature that adds two items to the list and document library settings pages:
Companies are mobilizing their workforce to better serve clients. As a result, the corporate office space is being adjusted for touchdown type work activities, which include quick meetings, planning the day and doing paperwork such as expenses. While on the road, airports, hotels and the local coffee shops have become regular work and meeting locations. To be successful in this new work style, mobile professionals must have access to key applications, information and contacts.
In this article, Ron Charity explains key considerations and options, and how to build a roadmap for mobilizing your workforce from a cultural, office and technology perspective.
- 5 Popular SharePoint Apps for iPad and iPhone
- Product Review: Documentation Toolkit for SharePoint
- European SharePoint Conference (ESPC) 2013 Event Review
- SPTechCon San Francisco Review: 4 Days of Intense Learning
- Product Review: SharePoint Sense's "SharePoint ShortUrl": Size Matters – Smaller is Better (4.5 Stars)
- Working with EPiServer 7 CMS? New Connector Allows Seamless Integration with SharePoint